Jill Forbath - San Diego, Ca
(Director, Choreographer, Playwright)
619.871.0241 / Email
To teach ten minute play playwriting classes to budding and experienced playwrights who would like to enter national contests and theater calls for entries with their work. Qualifications: have read and critiqued around 800 ten minute plays a year for over a decade for my West Coast Ten Minute Play Contest and Six at Eight program, dozens of directorial credits spanning ten minute plays to full lengths to light opera both fully mounted productions and reader's theater, a year of writing classes at UC Irvine in the Humanities department as well as playwrighting classes with John Glore of South Coast Repertory and decades of teaching experience with people of all ages, cultural, socioeconomic and language backgrounds. Please email me for course outline and availability.
- "Blue Window", Craig Lucas, Camino Real Playhouse
- "Henceforward", Alan Ackbourn, Camino Real Playhouse
- "Painting Churches", Tina Howe, Huntington Beach Playhouse
- "A Sea of White Horses", Peter Dee, Vanguard Theater
- "The Sisters Rosensweig", Wendy Wasserstein, Camino Real Playhouse
- "Steel Magnolias", Robert Harling, Capistrano Valley High School
- "Jake's Women", Neil Simon, Camino Real Playhouse
- "Mornings At Seven", Paul Osborn, San Clemente Playhouse
- "The Nutcracker", The Play, Camino Real Playhouse
- "The Gondoliers", Gilbert and Sullivan, Choreographer for Kent Johnson, Camino Real Playhouse
- "Night and Her Stars", Richard Greenberg, World Premiere, A.D. for David Warren, South Coast Repertory
- "Passion, Poison and Petrifaction", George Bernard Shaw, Golden West College
- "Twenty-Seven Wagons Full of Cotton", Tennessee Williams, Golden West College
- "What She Found There", John Glore, West Coast Premiere, Golden West College
- "Imagine Music", John Glore, West Coast Premiere, Camino Real Playhouse
- "The Author's Voice", Richard Greenberg, West Coast Ten Minute Play Festival, Six at Eight
- "Out the Window", Neal Bell, West Coast Ten Minute Play Festival, Six at Eight
- "Apprenticeship", Dale Griffiths-Stamos, 4th Place Winner, West Coast Ten Minute Play Festival, Six at Eight
- "The Sitting", Curt Webster, 2nd Place Winner, West Coast Ten Minute Play Festival, Six at Eight
- "The Philadelphia", David Ives, West Coast Ten Minute Play Festival, Six at Eight
- "The Andalusian Dream", Magdalena Gomez, 1st Place Winner, West Coast Ten Minute Play Festival (photo below)
- "Magic Box, Evil Eye", Jordan R. Young, American Stories, A Festival of One-Act Plays, Orange County Playwrights Alliance, Vanguard Theatre Ensemble
- "An Acquired Taste" by Gene Fiskin, A Festival of One-Act Plays, Orange County Playwrights Alliance, Stages Theatre
- "Style Never Out Of Date" by Gene Fiskin, Orange County Playwrights Alliance, A Night In Fullerton
- "The Bike", Beverly Arrowsmith, Orange County Playwrights Alliance, Stages Theatre
- "Seascape", Edward Albee, Reader's Repertory Theater
- "The Cavedwellers", William Saroyan, Reader's Repertory Theater
- "The Troubles on 42nd Street", Jordan Young, Laguna Forum Theatre
- West Coast Ten-Minute Playwriting Festival, "Six at Eight" Six short pieces at 8pm offering performances of top three winners of West Coast Ten-Minute Playwriting Contest and three pieces by established playwrights. Fourth place winner of the contest received two staged readings after matinees. Festival coordinated the efforts of four on-site playwrights, six directors, and twenty+ actors. 1994 - 2001.
- West Coast Ten-Minute Playwriting Contest Annual national contest concentrated on West Coast entries offering monetary awards for top three winners of 10 page plays with no prior equity productions. 1994 - 2001.
- NewPlays, staged readings of original works by local playwrights. Process: casting, playwright and director meetings, two to three rehearsals, publicity, and public staged reading. 1994 - 2001.
- "Other Pictures", Marilynn Bates
- "Food Court", Shawn Quirk
- "Workman's Carp", Eric Eberwein
- "Geese", Richard Freedman
- "Genes R Us", Stanley Hoffman
- "Someone's Daughter", Patrice Badstubner
- "Medea’s Ghost", S. Michele McFadden
- "The Bird’s Nest", Dea JuVett
- "Sunday At The Ritz", Richard Meese
- "La Ventana", Steve Flores
- "Dearborn", W.J. Lazerus
- "At Claudette's", Marti Hood
- "Crossing the Line", Joe Hullett, 1993 Julie Harris Award winner.
- "Circles", S. Michele McFadden, Ashland, Oregon New Plays Festival winner.
- "A Summer with Hemingway's Twin", Lucille deView
- "The Beast", Brook Stowe
- "Willing to Wait for a Miracle", David Scaglione
- Adult Acting Conservatory, Camino Real Playhouse. Began conservatory with classes in Improvisation, Stanislavsky System, Playwriting, Theatre Appreciation, and Beginning/Intermediate Scene Study.
- Cold Reading Workshop, Irvine, California. Workshop for actors to practice reading 5-7 page excerpts from 6-8 plays. Also acts as a forum for local playwrights to bring their works-in-progress for reading, discussion, and evaluation. 1992 - 97.
"The Sisters Rosensweig" by Wendy Wasserstein
Judge, Annual High School Theatre Festival & Competition, Fullerton College.
Member, Theatre Communications Group (TCG)
Professional Ballroom Dance Instructor
Owner, Our Wedding Dance Inc
Founder, Anteater Web Design & Marketing Inc
Trainer, United States Ballroom Dancing Association (USADance)
Instructor, improv workshops
Acting roles upon request. (The History Channel, various films)
American Civil War Reenactor and Educator, 11 years
Orange County resident over 30 years
- "In A Field Hospital", Middle School Submersion Saturdays, American Civil War Reenactments, Southern California.
- "On The Battlefield", Middle School Submersion Saturdays, American Civil War Reenactments, Southern California.
- "Me Fish, You Fish", Vanguard Theatre Ensemble, OCPA showcase.
- "13 Years", St. Mark Presbyterian Church, OCPA showcase.
- "Janet, Trish, and Barbie", South Coast Repertory Professional Conservatory showcase.
- "Freedom", South Coast Repertory Professional Conservatory showcase.
- MBA, U.C. Irvine.
- SCR, year-long playwriting workshop, John Glore, Literary Manager.
- SCR Conservatory (Instructors: Peter H. Schroeder, Georgia Phillips, Greg Atkins, Bob Destri).
- Gardner Theatre, Los Angeles, performance improvisation.
- Cumulative dance experience 25+ years.
- Ballet Pacifica Professional Company
- UC Irvine Dance Department
- Fred Astaire and Arthur Murray
- Professional Coaching: American Smooth 1st Place Champion; Toni Redpath, Standard 1st Place Champions; Irina Suvorov, and Kristi McDonald and Latin 1st Place Champion: Kimberly Mitchell.
- Cabrillo Playhouse, San Clemente
- Camino Real Playhouse, San Juan Capistrano
- Capistrano Valley High School, Mission Viejo
- Cerritos College
- Changing Masks Theatre Ensemble
- Chapman University, Orange
- Costa Mesa Civic Theatre
- Forum Theatre, Laguna Beach
- Huntington Beach Playhouse
- Irvine Community Theatre
- Jewish Community Center, Costa Mesa
- Laguna Forum Theatre
- Leisure World Theatre, Laguna Woods
- Orange County Light Opera
- Orange County Playwrights Alliance
- Reader's Repertory Theatre
- South Coast Repertory, Costa Mesa
- Stages Theatre, Fullerton
- St. Mark Presbyterian Church, Newport Beach
- Temple Bat Yahm, Newport Beach
- Vanguard Theatre Ensemble, Fullerton
"A Sea of White Horses" by Peter Dee at the Vanguard Theatre Ensemble