Father daughter dance couples usually take my two lesson package and learn lead and follow, pretty twirls, movement around the floor and a fun beginning and ending.
Sometimes the daughter is out of town so dad will come in and bring his wife or significant other and take his lesson with them so he has someone to help him learn the steps and practice with at home.
Rick and Annelise on April 24th 2015 dancing to "All You Need Is Love" by the Beatles. Photography by: Sarah Layne Photography
The dance moves for the father daughter dance are different from the ones the bride and groom will be doing for their first dance since bride and groom dances incorporate romantic bits.
I recommend that the father daughter dance song reflect your feelings about each other and your relationship as it has grown throughout the time you've known each other.
The father daughter dance songs I have worked with over the years have ranged from serious and sentimental to fun and funny. One dad was even "allowed" to do his famous chicken dance half way through and another dad finished the piece with his John Travolta "exits and mouse holes" disco dad move!
Anything goes as long as it works for you both. After all, this is your first time dancing together as a married daughter with the first man in your life - your Dad and it's great to make it special!
RECENT FATHER DAUGHTER DANCE SONGS
- The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
- My Girl by The Temptations
- Somebody's Baby by Jackson Browne
- Sweet Pea by Amos Lee
- God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
- Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
- My Little Girl by Tim McGraw
- Wild Flowers by Tom Petty
- Could I Have This Dance by Anne Murray
- In My Life by The Beatles
- I Loved Her First by Heartland
- My Wish by Rascal Flatts
- Have I Told You Lately by Rod Stewart
- What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
- Unforgettable by Natalie Cole & Nat King Cole
- Hero by Mariah Carey
- Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
- My Father's Eyes by Amy Grant
- Teach Your Children Well by Crosby, Stills, Nash
- Through The Years by Kenny Rogers
- You're My Hero by Teresa James
Need a Father Daughter Dance for your Quinceanera? Click here to learn more!
Julia's Testimonial: Jillian gave me and my dad dance lessons for my wedding, as well as me and my husband. She was friendly, confident, and a great teacher. She made two dances for my wedding, both unique from each other but equally special. We had a great experience with Jillian, it was fun and we felt very confident on our wedding day. People were very surprised and impressed with our dances. We loved the experience, thank you Jillian!!!!! (Julia and her Dad above. Click here for Julia & Greg too!)
Cindy's Testimonial: Just wanted to let you know that Adam and my dance was a great success! Everyone was impressed with it. They didn't know Adam could move like that. My dad and I also impressed the crowd as well. Our wedding was beautiful and I can't wait to watch our video to see the dance. Thanks again for all your hard work in teaching us! - Cindy, Adam & my dad, Pete
Just in - Father/Daughter Sweet 16 Dance Testimonial!